Wednesday, June 4, 2008

What's Up With the Doc 9? - or BOOYAH!!!!!!

5/2/2008

Well, I guess all I had to do was complain about my stupid liver function tests. My friendly chemo nurse, Kim, called to say that my oncologist wanted to be sure I knew that my AST drawn yesterday (2 days after chemo when it was 43 with upper limit of normal of 42) was 28!!!!!!! Normal, really normal, for the first time since before this whole mess started. ALT (71 on chemo day with upper limit of normal around 40) was 53, so not quite normal but lower than the first test at diagnosis when it was 58. So, yes, loud cheers would be appropriate.

For you Loyola folks, I will be in Chicago Friday, May 30th for the annual meeting of the National Lung Cancer Partnership. The meeting ends downtown at 12:30 and I have a 7:30 pm flight out of O'Hare so I'm planning just to head out to Loyola for lunch and visiting.

Dr. Frye, I know that Dr. Albain is VP of the Board of the NLCP. I have given the NLCP and my current hospital permission to use my Rachel Ray appearance for any PR stuff, lung cancer awareness, etc. that they'd like. If Loyola wants to do anything along those lines about a former member of the family, I would be fine with that. I don't have an air date for the show yet but hopefully will by the end of next week.

Everyone have a delightful weekend, because I sure am going to!

Lisa

No comments: