Friday, June 13, 2008

What's Up With the Doc 16? - or Finding a New Rhythm

6/13/08

Chemo cycle #5 went without a hitch on Tuesday. We're trying a new symptom control regimen that includes steroids for three days after chemo, Ibuprofen during the day and oxycodone at night. So far, it seems to be a winner. I'm a little achy today, but nothing that will interfere with life in any significant way. The Neulasta last cycle kept my white count normal and didn't increase side effects significantly so we'll do that with every cycle from here on out. Honestly, there's not a whole lot of cancer news - next scan is after cycle #6 which comes on July 1st.

Last week was a whole lot of fun and games. Emma came to town for the great 21st birthday extravaganza. Lindsay came up to share in the festivities. My brother and sister-in-law showed up on Wednesday and did he ever have a surprise for me!:
















We had a great visit and look forward to seeing them again in New Mexico next month.

Another school year is winding down and that means end of year concerts and recitals for Hannah and Philip. Finals are next week and then Philip heads out to music camp for a week. Hannah says she will be job hunting this week.

My mother and stepfather will he here next week for my great 50th (!) birthday extravaganza, but otherwise I'm planning to keep things low key this cycle and see if I can avoid the entire chest pain/fever drama that was no fun last cycle. I have no idea how many cycles of this Carbo/Taxol/Avastin I will eventually wind up completing, but I figure I'm at least halfway and it hasn't killed me yet!

Delightful weekend wishes to you all.

Lisa

No comments: