Wednesday, January 21, 2009

What's Up With the Doc 36? - I Feel Great

I have felt really great for the last few days - 95%, I think. I even shovelled the walk and front stairs yesterday. Yesterday was also chemo day and I am starting to feel the creep of nausea and fatigue so I wanted to claim that 95% while I still could. Because my white count went so low last time I will also get Neulasta today, which is likely to add to the achiness I'm experiencing from the shovelling yesterday. Mostly, I just wanted to get my "I feel great" out there.

The tournament in Lancaster was a blast. All three teams wound up in the top half of their age division and gave the coaches a good idea about what needs to be worked on before we head for DC next month. Hannah played a lot and played well. She and Philip are now deeply mired in midterms. The week will be capped off by Hannah's seventeenth birthday on Friday!

Robert and I have our last quiet, uncommitted, just us weekend for quite a while coming up. I foresee fires in the fireplace, movies on the TV and maybe a little crossword catchup as well as plenty of Robert's good cooking. We have to run Chester to the vet on Saturday for a nail trim - they're trying to desensitize him but boy does he hate having anyone mess with his feet and a pissed off 100 lb dog is no fun to deal with.

I just finished Pride and Prejudice for the gazillionth time. It always ends the same way and I always love it just as much or maybe a little more. Next is a Jane Eyre redo. My current audio book obsession is Michael Connelly's Harry Bosch series. Still working on Lindsay's quilt - I hope to be appliqueing squares by the time she and I go to Canyon Ranch next month.

My oncologist confirmed that the next scan will be after my third Alimta treatment - so February 24th. Until then we just keep checking blood counts and liver and kidney function tests. My anniversary is coming up in March and I am just so very grateful to still be here and feeling well. My list of things to look forward to for the next three or four months is as follows:

January 24-25: quiet weekend with my husband
February 14-16: volleyball tournament in DC
February 21-23: Canyon Ranch with Lindsay
February 28-March 1: volleyball tournament in Rochester, NY
March 14-15: volleyball tournament in Schenectady, NY
March 14-22: Emma's spring break
March 28-29: volleyball tournament on Long Island
April: bulbs blooming!
May 16: Emma graduates from college

Keep up the good work - your thoughts, prayers and wishes are obviously some powerful mojo and I appreciate them more than I can say.

Lisa

No comments: