Thursday, February 19, 2009

What's Up With the Doc 41? - Sounds Bad, Probably Really Good

In the "ask and ye shall be given" part of my life I developed right sided upper abdominal pain in the middle of the day yesterday and by the time I got home had fever which eventually got to 102. While this sounds bad and, indeed, laid me very low, it is, in fact, a gift and something to cheer me up a lot. Yesterday was day 9 in my Alimta cycle, exactly the same day that this happened last cycle. I have no symptoms to suggest that I have an infection of any sort. I think this is tumor necrosis. My oncologist was not on call last night and I didn't want to talk to the on call doc and get sent to the ER so I called my Albuquerque oncologist friend who agrees with me 100%. His sign off was, "Well, I'm sorry you're having to deal with this but it's great news!" So I'm alternating Ibuprofen and Acetaminophen every four hours and will call my onc this morning. I'll let him take cultures and counts but no antibiotics and no hospital. Hopefully the meds will keep things under control enough to let me still go to Canyon Ranch, but all I keep thinking is "Die, you fuckers, die."

No comments: